GreenHub is a nonprofit organization that enables sustainable communities.
What is GreenHub doing in particular?
- developing and implementing effective, evidence-based practices to achieve sustainable livelihoods,
- promotes eco-friendly development and create resilient communities,
- offers technical expertise and consulting services to partners and community members to assist them with community development and capacity building and to ensure the impact can be sustained by the communities the organisation works in,
- cultivates partners and connect community members to resources that improve their lives and environments.
- shares the experiences and insights to advocate for policies that can advance Vietnam’s green growth and development.
The impact change in the following areas:
1. Waste management
With over 30 million tons of waste is generated annually, Vietnam is among the top 5 largest contributors of plastic waste. As a result, GreenHub’s waste management efforts are centered around raising consumer awareness and influencing behavioral change to reduce, reuse, and recycle (3R’s) waste, marine debris monitoring and Coastal Clean-up Campaigns including volunteer activities to engage the community.
2. Energy efficiency
There is continued government commitment to enhance energy efficiency practices in both the supply and demand side of agricultural production. GreenHub’s work is focused on developing renewable energy projects that use agricultural waste products such as sawdust and rice husks, as a form of energy.
3. Sustainable Agricultural Production and Livelihoods
Vietnam has made significant progress in its agricultural sector over the last 25 years. GreenHub promotes sustainable agricultural production and livelihoods by providing evidence-based practices, business development training and support, and connecting farmers to cooperatives and to national technical expertise and resources.
4. Natural Resource Conservation
GreenHub recognizes the need to harmonize development and conservation in order to create sustainable livelihoods and conserve the environment for future generations.
“Our approach leverages scientific research and technical expertise to develop solutions that are meaningful to the community and environment.”
More on the official website.